cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Release subprojects
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:54:06 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:

> As announced some weeks ago, I want to release
>
>  . cocoon-servlet-service-impl-1.1.0
>    A new minor release is necessary because after some refactorings
>    the dependency on SourceResolve is gone.

I thought that both SSF and Configurator are not back-compatible. Am I wrong?

>  . cocoon-jnet-1.0.0
>    Dynamically register URLStreamHandler factories with your JVM.
>    This module has been donated to Apache Commons and will be deprecated
>    as soon as it is officially released from there.

Didn't know that there is some progress on this idea. Thanks for taking care of it!

>  . cocoon-block-deployment-1.0.0
>    Deployment utilities for Cocoon Blocks. That's the first release as
>    a separate module.

I guess one will have to add this dependency manually if sticks to Cocoon Core 2.2.0, right?

>  . cocoon-spring-configurator-2.0.0
>    Block-deployment has been moved into a separate module. This requires
>    a major release of this module because an upgrade of an application
>    that relies on this feature requires more than replacing the library.
>
> If I have some more time, I will also release cocoon-it-fw-1.0.0. It has
> proven to be very useful.

Makes sense, it might be useful not only in Cocoon.

> Is there anything left to do before I can create the release artifacts?

I've just committed missing entry describing ResourceFilter feature I've introduced. The missing

items are:
1. Migration document that describes briefly how to migrate to 2.0.0 of Configurator.
2. Documentation of ResourceFilter.

Even if both of them are not blockers it would be nice if you could prepare migration document
and
I'll take care of the second one. If you are really busy, then I could write this migration
document
but that would involve some research on what back-incompatibilities have been introduced.

In short: go ahead and thanks! :)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski