cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Help... how can I setFeature() on JaxpParser
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:22:31 GMT

Hi,

I very much need to set the feature "http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd

"  (see http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/features.html#load-external-dtd)
  on the Xerces parser wrapped by a JaxpParser instance (returned by
manager lookup of SAXParser.role).

I don't see a way to do it... it looks like JaxpParser doesn't expose
an interface for it.  JaxpParser buries the factory instances and the
parser instances pretty thoroughly and doesn't provide any handles to
set features, even in the component configuration.

This is for a project that's stuck on Cocoon 2.1.8, BTW.  I guess I
can always just create my own parser instance if it comes down to
that.  Before I bother, does anybody know of a way to avoid the
bother?  Maybe I'm missing something...

cheers,
—ml—