cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal - JS Reader
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:42:09 GMT

I guess a JS reader could be helpful for applications where all
resources are served directly by "raw" Cocoon, i.e. if any compression
is to be done then Cocoon has to do it.  But don't most applications
in a Web setting run Cocoon behind an Apache front-end?  Then you can
just have Apache gzip whatever you want, all outside of Cocoon,
right?  And wouldn't that take care of whatever one might want to gain
from using a special compressing/"minifying" component for a specific
resource type?

I could be totally wrong about this, but that's just how it seemed to
me... anyway, is the use case for this specifically the scenario where
un-Apache-front-ended Cocoon is being used to serve resources directly?

cheers,
—ml—