cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: org.apache.cocoon.util.log.CocoonTargetFactory @deprecated
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:23:26 GMT
On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 13:59 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler pisze:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > since forrest is extending the CocoonTargetFactory we now get warnings
> > while building forrest. This is not really nice and we are looking how
> > we overcome this warnings.
> >
> > Seeing "@deprecated This class will be removed in 2.2" makes me wonder
> > which class to use instead.
> >
> > Somebody has an idea? TIA.
>
> Logging in 2.2 was reworked rather heavily and we don't rely on Excalibur when it comes
in logging
> anymore.

> What kind of customizations you have applied in CocoonTargetFactory?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory.java?diff_format=h&view=markup

We just extended it and implemented the public void contextualize( Context context ) method.

The rest we use as it from the CocoonTargetFactory.

I doubt that forrest will update to cocoon 2.2 HEAD in the near future
that is why we are in the middle to update to 2.1. ATM we have a really
old revision of cocoon.2.2. which we need to update.

As I understand the logging in cocoon-2.1.x will not change anymore and
some user will keep on using it for some time. So the deprecation of
this class does not has an alternative other then to update to 2.2,
right?

Maybe it makes sense to remove this deprecation for 2.1, wdyt?

salu2