cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject [2.1] AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline and cocoon CLI
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:18:03 GMT
Hi all,

still updating forrest to use cocoon-2.1.x and I found a problem in the
AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.

I am not sure whether someone is using the cocoon cli ATM. Forrest is
based around this component.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-955?focusedCommentId=12624340#action_12624340

I found that in
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline line 245
Object lock =
env.getObjectModel().get(HttpEnvironment.HTTP_REQUEST_OBJECT);
the lock is null which causes the NPE in the end.

I changed it the following way:
                     Object lock =
env.getObjectModel().get(HttpEnvironment.HTTP_REQUEST_OBJECT);
+                    if (null==lock){
+                      lock =
env.getObjectModel().get(ObjectModelHelper.REQUEST_OBJECT);
                     try {

and now it is working as before.

Can somebody verify that it is a bug? Should I commit the patch?

TIA for any feedback.

salu2