cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [2.1] AbstractEnvironment - NPE in release(...)
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:02:48 GMT
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 14:40 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found a bug that just some time happens and I am not sure why.
>
> In AbstractEnvironment the method release throw SOMETIMES a NPE:
> /**
>      * Releases a resolved resource
>      */
>     public void release(final org.apache.excalibur.source.Source source)
> {
>         if (null != source) {
>             this.sourceResolver.release(source);
>         }
>     }
>
> I have found that under certain circumstances this.sourceResolver is
> already null. I do not understand ATM why and when this can happen.
>
> Does somebody has an idea?

Here the stack:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.release(AbstractEnvironment.java:563)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.MutableEnvironmentFacade.release(MutableEnvironmentFacade.java:314)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.recycle(TraxTransformer.java:549)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.InstrumentedResourceLimitingPool.put(InstrumentedResourceLimitingPool.java:407)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.doPut(PoolableComponentHandler.java:212)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler.put(ComponentHandler.java:425)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.release(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:307)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.release(ExtendedComponentSelector.java:301)

salu2