cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [summary] [vote] Thorsten Scherler as new Cocoon committer
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:31:27 GMT
On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:58 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > I propose Thorsten Scherler as a new Cocoon committer
> > and PMC member.
>
> During the time period there were no negative votes,
> and more than 3 positive votes.

Thank you very much all of you, it is a big honor for me to be now
official part of the great cocoon community.

To introduce myself to the community:
I am a German freelancer living in Spain and started to use cocoon back
in 2002 when I was working for a company in Paderborn while I studied
(Carsten will know the town ;)). I used it to generate reports of some
telemarketing databases that I programmed this days.

As well in this days I got in contact with the former version of Apache
Lenya, was able to contribute to the project and got elected as
committer. Then I entered the incubator with Lenya in 2003 and became
part of the great Apache community.

A year later I started with Forrest and since then I am using the three
projects for my customer projects. Lately I have finished a high traffic
web page for the regional government based on cocoon 2.2 and I am exited
to keep on working with cocoon in the future (let us see when I can have
my first "Corona" ;)).

> Since you are already an ASF committer via Lenya and Forrest,
> we just need to add you to the svn authorization list
> for cocoon. One of us will do that soon.

Thanks.

> If you want to join the Apache Cocoon PMC, just say
> so and one of us will commence the procedure to add you.

Yes, please, start the procedure.

> -David

Thank you very much David for starting this vote.

Kind regards
salu2