cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:44:22 GMT
Torsten Curdt <tcurdt <at> apache.org> writes:

> I think Corona is a great name. Everyone uses it. People already know
> it by now. Let's officially call it Apache Cocoon (Project) Corona.
> Everyone will call it Corona anyway. Will that really be a problem?
> (Sorry if I missed that thread/post)
>
> And once things are there we can think of a migration strategy and
> migrate it to Cocoon 3.0. But that is still a long way.

I tend to agree with Torsten. Renaming it now and potentially again in a year
sounds like a lot of confusion. Of course tagging it with the final name as
early as possible would be good but it seems we can't agree on calling it Cocoon
3.0 right now. So I prefer to leave it as it is (or just change it to the
official name Apache Cocoon Corona).

Joerg