cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:53:08 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> :-( that's bad. Any other suggestions?

I still think that Cocoon 3.0 could be the name, if people are going
to invest a significant effort in what's Corona today. For Sling we'd
like to use the pipelines implementation, so some of us Sling folks
are planning to contribute and help maintain that. I am not interested
in the other parts at the moment.

We already have 2.1 and 2.2 which are fairly different products,
Cocoon 3.0 would be a lightweight embeddable thing that captures the
essence of Cocoon in a way that's better suited to many of today's
environments. Clearly an evolution, even though some parts will be
missing, as those new environments provide them.

-Bertrand