cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:11:16 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > :-( that's bad. Any other suggestions?
>
> I still think that Cocoon 3.0 could be the name, if people are going
> to invest a significant effort in what's Corona today. For Sling we'd
> like to use the pipelines implementation, so some of us Sling folks
> are planning to contribute and help maintain that. I am not interested
> in the other parts at the moment.

I think that at the moment Corona is far too much of an experiment to be
considered 3.0.  Parts of it or all may become 3.0 but who knows?

Almost any name we choose will overlap with an existing product to some
extent.  If it's not trademarked I'm ok with the overlap.  As such I think
"Silk" is still one of the best options I've seen suggested..

--
Peter Hunsberger