cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard McKenzie" <Richard.McKen...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Custom Xpath Selector
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:04:47 GMT
Hi

I wanted to create a Selector that would have access to the contents of
the xml from a generator (similar to the below sitemap fragment).
Ideally it would have access to the XML in a similar way as a
transformer such as AbstractDOMTransformer does and then uses xpath on
the contents. Does anybody know if there are any Selectors which work in
a similar way or of an interface I can implement in my selector inorder
to have access to the xml.

<map:select type="myselector">
 	<map:generate src="content.xml"/>
	<map:when test="//result/@response-code = '500'">
		do something when I get a 500 error
	</map:when>
</map:select>

Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree and a selector is not the best
solution, it would be nice to be able to do different things bassed on
the contents of the xml passed through a pipeline

Many Thanks
Richard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.