cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Client-side validation in CForms
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:16:37 GMT
Hi All

As you may know, I am working heavily on the revamp of Dojo on the
client-side of CForms.

In Dojo it is possible to perform quite a lot of validation on form
fields. There is a partial match between the validation capabilities
of CForms and those of Dojo. Several people have thought in the past
that it would be good to have the same validation occur on both the
server and the client.

OTTOMH, the kind of validators we could probably make work in both
places would be :
	email, length, mod10, range and regexp (plus maybe javascript, if we
can sort out any context differences)

ATM however, no validation information is output by the form
generation process. Datatypes are there (which I can initially use)
but no validation.

So my question is, would someone volunteer to either add the
definition's validation tags to the output or help work out the
cleanest approach to adding it?

Many thanks

regards Jeremy