cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mr.Quinn" <sudomasoch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Using icu4j for number formatting
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:38:38 GMT

On 31 Jul 2008, at 12:46, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Any suggestions about a clean way to have both Java and ICU
>> NumberFormat ?
>
> If the ICU number formats are compatible with the current ones, I
> think replacing the current implementation with ICU is the best way.
> I don't think that we have to be compatible on a class level here.

It was very nearly a drop-in replacement :)

The main difference was that com.ibm.icu.text.DecimalFormat.parse
returns com.ibm.icu.math.* classes instead of java.math.* classes,
easily worked around.

As for any subtle differences in the pattern formats, I have not
noticed anything yet.

Thanks for your feedback.

regards Jeremy