cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:50:45 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...We had this renaming game with CForms IIRC. And it was more confusing than
>> it helped.

yes, it took years until Woody was gone. But the situation was different
because Woody had a large user base which Corona hasn't (yet).

> I guess that was so long ago that some people don't remember...
>
> I do remember - finding names for products today is the nightmare ;-)

yes, I really get tired of this discussion. Since it will probably be me
who has to do the actual renaming work, I'm strongly in favor of leaving
things as they are (= keeping the name Corona, do some alpha/beta
releases and then we still can decide if we have to change something ...)

>> ...I think Corona is a great name. Everyone uses it. People already know it by
>> now. Let's officially call it Apache Cocoon (Project) Corona. Everyone will
>> call it Corona anyway. Will that really be a problem? (Sorry if I missed
>> that thread/post)...
>
> I would agree with that - or just put up all the suggested names for a
> majority vote of our committers, and be done with it.

What would be the options that we vote on?

  a) keep the name Apache Cocoon Corona
  b) rename to Apache Cocoon Silk
  c) we need to find some other name

Any other options?