cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:36:40 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org <mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org
>     <mailto:reinhard@apache.org>> wrote:
>      > :-( that's bad. Any other suggestions?
>
>     I still think that Cocoon 3.0 could be the name, if people are going
>     to invest a significant effort in what's Corona today. For Sling we'd
>     like to use the pipelines implementation, so some of us Sling folks
>     are planning to contribute and help maintain that. I am not interested
>     in the other parts at the moment.
>

> I think that at the moment Corona is far too much of an experiment to be
> considered 3.0.  Parts of it or all may become 3.0 but who knows?
>
> Almost any name we choose will overlap with an existing product to some
> extent.  If it's not trademarked I'm ok with the overlap.  As such I
> think "Silk" is still one of the best options I've seen suggested..

Borland hasn't trademarked "silk" but only some variants of it. See
http://tinyurl.com/5bkw9d

"Silk" was trademarked by a company called mentis:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=pgshps.20.117

The name that we would use is "Cocoon Silk". So I tend to think that it
isn't a problem.

WDOT?