cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Find a new name for Corona
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:04:15 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>> :-( that's bad. Any other suggestions?
>
> I still think that Cocoon 3.0 could be the name, if people are going
> to invest a significant effort in what's Corona today. For Sling we'd
> like to use the pipelines implementation, so some of us Sling folks
> are planning to contribute and help maintain that. I am not interested
> in the other parts at the moment.
>
> We already have 2.1 and 2.2 which are fairly different products,
> Cocoon 3.0 would be a lightweight embeddable thing that captures the
> essence of Cocoon in a way that's better suited to many of today's
> environments. Clearly an evolution, even though some parts will be
> missing, as those new environments provide them.

I'm still not convinced that we should name it Cocoon 3.0 _now_ (quoting
myself from a few days ago):

[...] Before we make the decision if Corona should become Cocoon 3.0 we
should learn more what other people think about it. (Currently it's only
3 people who use it!) IMO the best way to find this out is by shipping
alpha releases under a codename. This gives us the freedom to decide
later without spoiling version numbers. [...]

When Corona is able to attract a stable community proves itself useable
to a wider audience, we can start to ship it as Cocoon 3.0.

Or is it only me who needs to be convinced of shipping Corona as Cocoon 3.0?