cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Webdav and link-rewrite
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:57:00 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Reinhard Pötz pisze:
>>>
>>> I had a brief look at the link-rewrite block and think now that the
>>> migration of the LinkrewriterTransformer will be difficult because of
>>> its configuration can't be easily converted to Spring.
>>
>> What kind of obstacles you can see here?
>
> What's your suggestion for a configuration like this:
>
> <map:transformer name="linkrewriter"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LinkRewriterTransformer">
>   <input-module name="book-raw">
>     <file src="cocoon://samples/linkrewriter/bookdemo/linkmap"
> reloadable="true" />
>   </input-module>
>   <input-module name="book">
>     <input-module name="book-raw">
>       <file src="{src}" reloadable="true" />
>     </input-module>
>     <prefix>//*[@label='</prefix>
>     <suffix>']/@href</suffix>
>   </input-module>
> </map:transformer>

I have no suggestion but only to remove support for such stuff. These days, when you define

components as Spring beans you don't need to support configuration passed from one component
another. At least I don't see any need for supporting that kind of configuration.

If we remove this, then of course we'll have to release 2.0 of link rewriter block but I have
no
problem with it.

WFYT?

> TBH, that's one of the most horrible pieces of configuration I've ever
> seen.

I'm only not sure if I agree with "the most" part of your sentence. ;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski