cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Webdav and link-rewrite
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:40:44 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:

> I had a brief look at the link-rewrite block and think now that the
> migration of the LinkrewriterTransformer will be difficult because of
> its configuration can't be easily converted to Spring.

What kind of obstacles you can see here?

> Since the main use case for the LinkrewritingTransformer is rewriting
> servlet: links, I think that the best compromise is that Lukas
> implements a specialized ServletLinkRewritingTransformer that could be
> put into the servlet-service-fw-components block. This will satisfy our
> main goal of getting rid of the linkrewrite dependency in the
> servlet-service-fw-components block.

I have mixed feelings about this proposal. I really like to reuse components if it's possible.
Two
components doing more or less the same doesn't sound good to me.

> In the case that one needs the more advanced use cases, the already
> existing transformer can be used by adding the link-rewrite block.
>
> Or are there any better suggestions?

Since Lukas is going to migrate link-rewrite block to Spring anyway (at least that's how I
read your
e-mail) I fail to understand why we can't use migrated block?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski