cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Webdav and link-rewrite
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:29:03 GMT

I had a brief look at the link-rewrite block and think now that the
migration of the LinkrewriterTransformer will be difficult because of
its configuration can't be easily converted to Spring.

Since the main use case for the LinkrewritingTransformer is rewriting
servlet: links, I think that the best compromise is that Lukas
implements a specialized ServletLinkRewritingTransformer that could be
put into the servlet-service-fw-components block. This will satisfy our
main goal of getting rid of the linkrewrite dependency in the
servlet-service-fw-components block.

In the case that one needs the more advanced use cases, the already
existing transformer can be used by adding the link-rewrite block.

Or are there any better suggestions?

                                     - o -

Apart from the link-rewrite block he will also migrate the webdav block.
Any thoughts or recommendations on this? The plan is that all Avalon
components are migrated to Spring and that Jackrabbit is used as webdav
server.

I remember Jasha and Jereon have started to work on this in Rome last
year. Any comments from you?