cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can somebody explain to me the tags / POM versioning / release scheme?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 06:12:06 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:

<snip>interesting stuff</snip>

> All that's missing is being able to identify the baseline of source code
> that was used to build the 2.2 release.  I need to be able to build the
> core and a few modules.  Can somebody help me figure this out?

Cocoon 2.2 is based on two subprojects:

  . Cocoon Configuration
  . Cocoon Servlet-Service Framework
    (only needed if you want to use Servlet services, ie the servlet:
     protocol)

Cocoon core consists of a bunch of modules. The complete list can be
found in
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-core/cocoon-core-2.2.0/pom.xml.

See all the dependencies that have the groupId "org.apache.cocoon".

The version numbers are set in the parent modules of Cocoon core:

http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-core-modules/cocoon-core-modules-6/
and
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon/cocoon-6/pom.xml

If you checkout one of the tagged modules, Maven 2 should be able to
build it for you. This is probably your best chance to add your changes.
  The change the version number to e.g. "1.0.0-mark". Then use this
version of a particular module in your custom project POM instead of the
  officially released version.

HTH