cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] Steven Dolg as committer
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:26:32 GMT
Dear community,

it's a great honor for me to propose Steven Dolg as a committer.

In February Steven, Grzegorz and I invested three days in refactoring
Cocoon so that we get a clean Java Pipeline API and a comprehensible
sitemap/environment handling implementation of Cocoon. Unfortunately
that was more difficult than we had expected.

When I met Steven the week after those three days he came to me and said
that he wanted to show me "something". This "something" was a first
prototype of what we call "corona-pipeline" (a standalone Java API) and
"corona-sitemap" today. This was very encouraging and his work finally
convinced me that a rewrite is an achievable goal.

Without Steven we wouldn't have a soon to be released version of a
complete rewrite of Cocoon which has thanks to a simple Java API a lot
of potential to increase the usage of Cocoon across the usual
boundaries. And those who had a look at Corona know that the code is of
high quality in terms of comprehensibility, extensibility and modularity
which is mostly due to his great development skills.

Steven's contributions have been done in his free time so far which
shows that Corona is a personal interest of him and I'm sure that when
Corona takes off he will be around to improve and enhance it even further.

Please cast your votes:
here's my +1