cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Lang <lukas.l...@inode.at>
Subject Re: Eventcache dependency to JMS
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:20:05 GMT
Hey,

I'm sorry for my delayed answer too ;-)

Well, what I'm trying to gain is implementation independent blocks.
I cleaned up the JMS block using Spring provided mechanisms (templates) for message delivery.

The sample block is now based on the ActiveMQ implementation running in embedded
mode (initialized via Spring namespace). For demonstration purpose,
it uses the JMSEventMessageListener component for invalidating cached responses.

As far as I get this, there are no dependencies between eventcache and jms-impl at all?
If we consider (re)placing the JMSEventMessageListener into the jms-sample block,
because it is a concrete subclass of the AbstractMessageListener,
we would get a more satisfying situation.

The way you might go, consists of writing a concrete listener in a separate block,
using whatever other block (e.g. eventcache) you might need.

Can you live with that?

Regards,
Lukas