cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] Corona: A Cocoon subproject
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:55:23 GMT
Dear Cocoon PMC,

as I said in a separate thread recently, it's time for Corona to move
out of the whiteboard of Cocoon in order to increase its visibility and
to allow releases. Corona has reached a state where it is already useful
but there is a lot of room for others to enhance and improve it.

So far Corona has been developed by Steven and me (+ some additions by
Carsten recently) which doesn't qualify for being a diverse community.
In order to change this I want to propose Corona to become a subproject
of Cocoon under the oversight of the Cocoon PMC.

For that purpose I think that it would be a good idea to follow the
procedure of the Incubator and nominate at least 2 additional PMC
members who help us to grow the community and do all the legal checks
when Corona is released (I'd love to see a alpha-1 release this summer.)

Therefore I kindly want to ask two other Cocoon PMC members to
become mentors for Corona and help to get it going.

I also propose that Corona is being moved to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/corona. The initial set of
committers should consist of Carsten, Steven and me - every Cocoon
committer can get write access by simply asking for it on this list.

Additionally I'd also like to see a separate Jira project for Corona.
Are there any objections if ask infra in behalf of the Cocoon PMC to
create one for us?

Finally this brings me to my last question: Do we want or do we have to
change the name "Corona"? For the legal part of this question, who can I
ask to get a final yes or no?