cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Objects inherited in subrequests
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:16:02 GMT
imran pisze:
> Hello all
>
> Grzegorz as u wrote...
>
> Therefore I would like to propose introduction of a new scope called
> "request-inheritable" which
> would allow beans (like ObjectModel) to be inherited but by cloning.
>
> can you please elaborate on that ... coz thats where we are stuck ...
> if u have a look at the AbstractInterpreter.java file
>
> public void forwardTo(String uri, Object bizData,
>                          WebContinuation continuation,
>                          Redirector redirector)
>    throws Exception {
>        if (SourceUtil.indexOfSchemeColon(uri) == -1) {
>            uri = "cocoon:/" + uri;
>            final Map objectModel =
> this.processInfoProvider.getObjectModel();
>            FlowHelper.setWebContinuation(objectModel, newObjectModel,
> continuation);
>            FlowHelper.setContextObject(objectModel, newObjectModel,
> bizData);
>            if (redirector.hasRedirected()) {
>                throw new IllegalStateException("Pipeline has already
> been processed for this request");
>            }
>            // this is a hint for the redirector
>            objectModel.put("cocoon:forward", "true");
>            redirector.redirect(false, uri);
>        } else {
>            throw new Exception("uri is not allowed to contain a scheme
> (cocoon:/ is always automatically used)");
>        }
>    }
> so the instance of newObjectModel is the one from the bean factory ...
> and if u have multithreading then all the threads change that
> objectmodel simultaneously and then finally the objectmodel coming to
> the JXTemplategenerator(Injected by spring) is not thread specific ...
> in the setup method of the generator class we replace the objectmodel
> injected by spring with the one passed with that method ... after doing
> this the errors are not that frequent .. but they are still there :( ..
> its still being modified by some other threads ...
>

> Could you please let us know how do u intend to implement ur proposed
> solution

Just wanted to let you know that I know this stuff really well (I've worked on ObjectModel
last
summer) so surely can give you some tips and precise instructions.

This won't happen now as I'm leaving but I'll try to explain my thoughts tomorrow after I
check
everything against Cocoon's source code.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski