cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Corona] PIpeline API
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:19:01 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ...Can't we just give the parameters they need
>> individually to every pipeline component, thus allowing per-component
>> strongly typed and well defined contracts?..
>
> I'm also catching up on this thread but I tend to agree with the above
> suggestion, i.e. something like
>
>   Transformer t = new XsltTransformer();
>   t.setXslt("cocoon:/mytransform.xsl");
>   t.setRequestParameters(request.getParameterMap());

Ok, in this case you can't use "Transformer" as the class type. This
would be:
XsltTransformer t = ...

Now, it seems that we are still mixing up things here. As I said, I'm
not talking about configuration of the components. The stylesheet from
above is a configuration.
We're talking about information about the current environment for
executing the already configured pipeline.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org