cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring Configurator - filter/include strategy
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:00:34 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure what the best way is - but the jetspeed folks followed a
>> different road and added conditionals inside the configuration files.
>> So only if a criteria is met something is added. I tried to convince
>> them to use the spring configurator and add the logic here...
>> So perhaps this is something we could add on top of the configurator now?
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> I fail to follow you on your answer so I have a couple of questions:
> 1. What logic you wanted to added "here"? Support for some syntax of
> conditional includes? If so, how this would look like?
> 2. What do you mean by adding something on top of configurator?
> 3. What's your opinion about my proposal itself?
>
> I'm really with you when it comes to increasing number of users of
> Spring Configurator but I need little bit more clear strategy here. ;-)

Fair enough :)

Now I was very brief as I'm not 100% sure how the final solution in
jetspeed looks like.

Ok, our spring configurator includes all files located at a specific
location and adds all bean definitions found there.
The jetspeed guys enhanced the spring bean configuration format to have
conditionals inside a bean xml definition, so something like (don't
quote me on the syntax):
<j:if test="database.derby">
   <bean name="database" ...the derby bean
<j:if>
<j:else>
   <bean name="database" ...the hsqldb bean
</j:else>

This allows to have all relevant bean definitions at one single place
and at runtime it's decided which beans to use.
So this is somthing "on top of the configurator" as this doesn't effect
the current configurator code but is just additional stuff.

But rereading your use case, I assume that you want to skip whole jar
files, right? So this would be something in the spring configurator of
course.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler