cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Corona] PIpeline API
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:42:26 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>> currently corona-pipeline (pipeline API, pipeline impls, SAX
>> components) only has a dependency on commons-logging. Is this good
>> enough for your needs?
> :) Ok, that should be fine.
>
> I've moved the action to the sitemap module and split up execute into
> setup and execute. I think we should specify in the contract that a
> modifiable map is passed to the components during setup. Any objections?

Currently sitemap components get passed to maps:

  1. the input parameters (a map of all objects that you want to pass
     to a pipeline)

  2. the configuration parameters (to provide a way to pass parameters
     from the sitemap to the component -> for API usage those parameters
     are usually passed by constructor parameters or by setters).

Are you talking about passing the input parameters as parameters of the
setup() method?

void setup(Map<String, Object> inputParameters)

I'd be fine by this.

> I'm wondering if we need the ErrorThrowingAction and the CustomException?

That is only needed for some integration tests in corona-sample where
they should be moved to.

> I'll add a setup/cleanup method to the components next.

ok