cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: SettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor creates cocoon-files directory in non-cocoon environment
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:58:52 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I am using SettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor. There is one very
>>> irritating "feature": the "cocoon-files" directory is being created
>>> every time (and of course it is not used).
>>> I understand this folder holds unpacked blocks, but why is it created
>>> when there is not need for it?
>> :) Because it doesn't hurt - but I agree changing this to just create
>> it on demand should be very easy.
> what is the first "demand" that should have the folders ready? Does the
> logger need it/block deployer?
Ok, I just looked at the code and I don't see an easy way to detect hat
the first use of the folder is. But I think this folder should be
created inside the temp folder, so instead of doing
                 workDir = new File("cocoon-files");
the work dir should be a sub folder of the temp folder.
This doesn't avoid the creation of the folder, but it's created at an
unproblematic location.

Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message