cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From rossputin <rossaj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: The status of documentation publishing
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:23:36 GMT

Hi Grzegorz,

as requested, seeing the little problems with the documentation are still
there after the latest changes, here is a small list of locations and
changes that could be made.

1) On page http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1291_1_1.html

    The 'Note' at the bottom currently reads 'Beside transformation services
there are also generation and a serialization services.'

    This would read better as 'Besides transformation services there are
also generation and serialization services.'

2) On page http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html

    Under the heading 'Using a block within the web application', the
pom.xml update (dependencies block) lists the version as '1.0-SNAPSHOT'.

    The version should be '1.0.0' as listed further up the page '... Define
value for version:  1.0-SNAPSHOT: : 1.0.0'.

    Under the heading 'Creating a parent pom' on the same page, the line
that reads '... Maven also takes care that the modules are build...' should
read '... Maven also takes care that the modules are built...'

As a final suggestion, I wonder whether it would be useful to explain how to
ensure maven uses the most up to date archetype plugin, to ensure
'archetype:generate' is available to the user?  Perhaps that is beyond the
scope of the document.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Ross