cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Concurrency and input-modules
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 07:11:30 GMT
Hi all,

http://marc.info/?t=120180448900001&r=1&w=2

The problem that I encountered is that the locationmap is throwing an
error as soon as there are concurrent user. The locationmap is a
input-module that we have over in forrest.

The problem seems to lie in the fact the getAttribute method is not
synchronized
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/forrest/locationmap/LocationMapModule.java?r1=653732&r2=672756&diff_format=h
above change will fix the problems with concurrency but this raises the
question whether there is a better way to do it and whether ALL
input-modules are not thread saved.

TIA for any thoughts.

salu2