cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <...@robinwyles.com>
Subject CForms: 2.2 and XML binding with namespaces
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:44:11 GMT
Hi,

As can be seen from the live Cocoon demo [1], CForms binding to XML
documents using namespaces doesn't work anymore in 2.2. Load binding
fails silently, while save binding throws...

"org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to
create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to
namespaces."

I can't see an open issue in Jira for this - I'm happy to create one
and will take a look and see if I can find a fix. But first perhaps
someone more knowledgeable than I could shed some light on why this
may have broken and what could be done to fix it... Having this
working again would be very useful for me :)

Thanks,

Robin

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/trunk/samples/forms/
binding-06namespaced-XML.flow