cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <>
Subject AW: Client-side validation in CForms
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:13:12 GMT
When I was working on my first attempts to do exactly what you are trying to
do (CForms using dojo 1.1 and client side validation), I ran into exactly
the same problem as you did. I too think it would be easily possible to
implement client and server-side validation using dojo. Even if it would not
be possible to implement all.

Unfortunately the fi-output is hard-coded into the widget class
implementation and no validation information is sent. Making client-side
validation work, it would make it necessary to patch every single Widget
class to output this validation-data, but should be easy to accomplish.

I stopped my work on this, since I had doubt's anyone would be interested in
a feature like this and the thought of having to maintain patches for so
many classes let me drop that idea.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jeremy Quinn []
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008 17:17
Betreff: Client-side validation in CForms

Hi All

As you may know, I am working heavily on the revamp of Dojo on the
client-side of CForms.

In Dojo it is possible to perform quite a lot of validation on form
fields. There is a partial match between the validation capabilities
of CForms and those of Dojo. Several people have thought in the past
that it would be good to have the same validation occur on both the
server and the client.

OTTOMH, the kind of validators we could probably make work in both
places would be :
	email, length, mod10, range and regexp (plus maybe javascript, if we

can sort out any context differences)

ATM however, no validation information is output by the form
generation process. Datatypes are there (which I can initially use)
but no validation.

So my question is, would someone volunteer to either add the
definition's validation tags to the output or help work out the
cleanest approach to adding it?

Many thanks

regards Jeremy

View raw message