Hi all,

Here's a question for you. What's the deal with patches and fixes for Cocoon 2.1 and Cocoon 2.2?

I have some fixes to apply to 2.1 for COCOON-2152, and I figured I should apply it to 2.2 as well. However, after reviewing the code for 2.2, it seems there's some divergence since the two were separated. See for example EventAwareCacheImpl in branch [1] and trunk [2], where there are 8 'meta' modifications (moving stuff around) but also two serious fixes, at least one of which could probably have been made to 2.1.

So, are we aiming to keep 2.1 and 2.2 in sync as much as possible, or do I need to work on two different sets of bugfixes?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/EventAwareCacheImpl.java?view=log
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-eventcache/cocoon-eventcache-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/EventAwareCacheImpl.java?view=log

Andrew.
--