cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Savory" <asav...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon 2.1 and Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:16:05 GMT
Hi all,

Here's a question for you. What's the deal with patches and fixes for Cocoon
2.1 and Cocoon 2.2?

I have some fixes to apply to 2.1 for COCOON-2152, and I figured I should
apply it to 2.2 as well. However, after reviewing the code for 2.2, it seems
there's some divergence since the two were separated. See for example
EventAwareCacheImpl in branch [1] and trunk [2], where there are 8 'meta'
modifications (moving stuff around) but also two serious fixes, at least one
of which could probably have been made to 2.1.

So, are we aiming to keep 2.1 and 2.2 in sync as much as possible, or do I
need to work on two different sets of bugfixes?

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/EventAwareCacheImpl.java?view=log
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-eventcache/cocoon-eventcache-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/EventAwareCacheImpl.java?view=log