cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Avalon-Spring bridge (Was: Excalibur potential)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:05:09 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:
> You might want to have a look at the Avalon-Spring bridge from the
> Apache Cocoon project. This allows you to use Avalon/Excalibur
> configurations and components as Spring beans - which is very
> interesting if you already have used Avalon in the past and want to
> reuse your stuff in Spring.

Hi Carsten,

in the JAMES project we also developed something similar to an
Avalon-Spring bridge. We most often call it a Spring based Avalon
container compatible with the Phoenix configuration.

It currently is 99% generic but at the moment is part of james main
source tree and includes a couple of things specific to james:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/spring-deployment/

I searched for Avalon-Spring bridge from cocoon but I didn't find much
information: can you give me more detail (links?).

Maybe we can merge the Avalon-Spring bridge efforts with Cocoon, and
maybe the avalon website should provide some information about the tool,
WDYT?

Stefano

PS: sorry for the crosspost to cocoon and james dev lists in CC, please
use the excalibur list for replies.