cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving XMLUtils class from cocoon-pipeline-impl to cocoon-xml-util
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:02:13 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> On Jun 17, 2008, at 6:49 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that we have very handy XMLUtils[1] class in
>> cocoon-pipeline-impl that is useful outside the cocoon-pipeline-impl
>> and has no dependencies on the rest of the Cocoon.
>>
>> Therefore I would like to move it to cocoon-xml-util module which
>> feels like natural location for such kind of class.
>>
>> Anyone minds?
>
> Not at all! Go ahead.

Vadim, thanks for the green light but I've got stuck at the early beginning. The reason is
that I
originally missed one little dependency on DOMStreamer class from cocoon-pipeline-impl. This
class
itself does useful thing and probably should be moved to cocoon-xml-util but it is closely
tied to
the rest of cocoon-pipeline-impl code.

I don't now how to proceed now. It feels wrong that the XMLUtils, the class useful in many

situations, belongs to pipeline-impl but I fail to see how to move it out. Not sure if I'll
just
give up.

Any suggestions?

--