cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kamal <bh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: jx:element patch
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:10:35 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Kamal pisze:
>> Hi,
>> I am responsible for JIRA issue 2211, including the associated patch.
>> I will be honest, I didn't really understand what I did.
>
> If your patch is a result of random typing then I'm truly impressed. ;-)

Wasn't entirely random, but it was close :)

>> Is there are reason why jx:attribute does not check that the name is
>> a correct name?
>
> I think the only reason is that original authors forgot about
> implementing these checks. Are you a
> volunteer to fix that? :)

I don't mind. If I have the right rules for them I am more than happy to
update.

>> Also, in xsp:element, apparently[1], you could not specify a
>> namespace without a prefix and visa versa. I chose to relax this to
>> just not allowing a prefix without a namespace. Is this right?
>
> To be honest, I don't remember why such a rule has been established.
> Could anyone comment?
>
>> This is probably a very stupid question, but I know that
>> |SitemapComponentTestCase.generate()produced org.w3c.dom.Document
>> object and I was wondering how do I convert this into a string? If I
>> needed to debug a test, I would need to install the block then
>> produce output that way.
>> |

> Take a look at o.a.c.xml.XMLUtils class[3].

So simple. Thanks.

>> Also, I am happy to update the documentation. Do I update the Daisy
>> site or is there some other procedure I need to follow? Should I also
>> update the samples?
>
> Updating samples and documentation is more than welcome! I guess the
> first place to look at should be following page:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/template/1.0/1391_1_1.html

I assume that I should actually update the Daisy docs? What about the
samples?

> I've looked carefully at your patch and it looks ok. I'll commit it
> tomorrow with minor corrections like methods/file renaming.

Sweet. I will fix the jx:attribute code once this is done. Don't see any
reason why we shouldn't support a namespace as well. Any thoughts?