cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: multithreaded Content Aggregator migration from 2.1 to 2.2
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 04:36:36 GMT
On 06.06.2008 12:51, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> E.g. if two threads share the same (inherited) instance of ObjectModel
> all nasty side-effects of multi-threading should be expected like
> parallel modification and loosing of data consistency kept in OM.
> How Cocoon used to solve these kind of problems in the past?

I don't see that much of a problem here - and it always used to be that
way. If it is a distinctive object model or just the request object does
not really make a difference to me. Also in other frameworks where you
only work with request or session objects you have to be aware of
multi-threading.

Is the multi-threading processing a feature one has to switch on
intentionally?

Joerg