cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: multithreaded Content Aggregator migration from 2.1 to 2.2
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:51:12 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> InheritableThreadLocal [1] might be one solution. But being not able to
> clean up a thread is always a problem in web environment. IIRC Spring
> used to use InheritableThreadLocal in RequestContextListener, but they
> changed it to standard ThreadLocal for that reason.
>
> I don't know if CocoonRunnable mentioned by Grek is another point for
> potential changes.

The problem with inheritance from parent thread could be solved with one or another way. The
only
problem I can see is synchronization and keeping consistency of data.

E.g. if two threads share the same (inherited) instance of ObjectModel all nasty side-effects
of
multi-threading should be expected like parallel modification and loosing of data consistency
kept
in OM.
How Cocoon used to solve these kind of problems in the past?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski