cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: multithreaded Content Aggregator migration from 2.1 to 2.2
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:51:12 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> InheritableThreadLocal [1] might be one solution. But being not able to
> clean up a thread is always a problem in web environment. IIRC Spring
> used to use InheritableThreadLocal in RequestContextListener, but they
> changed it to standard ThreadLocal for that reason.
> I don't know if CocoonRunnable mentioned by Grek is another point for
> potential changes.

The problem with inheritance from parent thread could be solved with one or another way. The
problem I can see is synchronization and keeping consistency of data.

E.g. if two threads share the same (inherited) instance of ObjectModel all nasty side-effects
multi-threading should be expected like parallel modification and loosing of data consistency
in OM.
How Cocoon used to solve these kind of problems in the past?

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message