cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominic Tootell" <dominic.toot...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon 2.2 resources outside of a Block
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 11:04:48 GMT
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been sent around before.

I'm trying to figure out how I can access resources outside of a Block
jar's, just from a directory within the Webapp:

For example:

I have the simple pipe line:

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="static/*.shtml">
		<map:generate src="content/{1}.xml"/>
		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

This is part of the block called Homepage.   In Homepage block, I have
/src/main/resources/COB-INF/content/index.xml.  This is all fine, when
access the block via jetty and tomcat, the content/index.xml file is
served from COB-INF in the Homepage.jar.

However, I don't want to have to store my xslt,  xml and all other
static files in a jar.  I don't want to have to re-jar the block and
redeploy it to tomcat or start up jetty each time I make a small change
an xslt.

I want a directory content/ within my webapp, where index.xml is read
from there. i.e.:

webapps/Homepage
                              content/index.xml   <---- serve this .xml
file so I can make changes to it quickly and see the results
                              WEB-INF/lib/Homepage.jar    <--- don't
look at COB-INF/content/index.xml, if the above exists.

This is so I can do RAD development on my local development environment.
This was possible in 2.1, but it seems in 2.2 I can't find any
documentation on how this is possible.  It seems like a simple thing....

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
/dom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.