cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r661886 - in /cocoon/trunk: ./ project/
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 22:24:26 GMT
Alfred Nathaniel pisze:
> I found it very annoying that part of the files, especially the root and
> parent pom.xml, where not visible in Eclipse.  (Do other IDEs do it
> better?)

Don't know about other IDEs but AFAIR even Eclipse can perform better in this area when special

Maven plug-in for Eclipse is used. It's called q4e[1] but the last time I checked it had one

annoying problem: performed really slow when such big projects like Cocoon were handled by
that
plug-in. Don't know how it's now.

Speaking about myself, I don't change these files too often and always has been using external
tools
(Krusader on openSUSE) to deal with these files.

>> I think you should at least inform others that you are going to do such changes so
others could have
>> a chance to comment on idea. They are really far from being cosmetic.
>
> Sure, the implications may be more drastic than imagined first.  If it
> is a problem, the changes are easy to revert.

I think the best option is to revert these changes and discuss possible options first. I guess
that
folks working with trunk may have their build broken as well.

>> By the way, is there any reason for telling people to use *.sh scripts instead of
Maven directly?

> I find that easier to explain than all the MAVEN_OPTS magic required
> when using mvn directly.

Hmmmm... I thought that recent releases of Maven does not need messing with MAVEN_OPTS. Am
I wrong?

[1] http://code.google.com/p/q4e/

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski