cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject [VOTE] Drop JDK1.3 support for Cocoon 2.1.11 and newer versions
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 07:03:20 GMT
Hi all,

I recently ran across problems while trying to upload cocoon 2.1.11 jars
to the maven1 repository[1]. Building Cocoon with JDK 1.3 failed due to
multiple errors. Therefor I would like to suggest setting the minimum
JDK to 1.4 for cocoon 2.1.11 and newer versions. A bit more then a year
ago we had the same vote for 2.1.10. See [2] for more info.

We decided then that we should release 2.1.10 as soon as possible and
move on to Cocoon 2.2 where we already had a higher JDK version as a
minimum. I think it's a good idea to do a revote, since there might even
be a 2.1.12.

Please cast your votes!

Regards,

Jeroen