cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Little announcement and ask for a help
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 21:38:10 GMT
Hi guys,

I've been rather inactive these days mainly busy with personal affairs but also with Cocoon
2.2 demo
application coding. The thing is hosted on github, project called cocoon-blog[1].

The project status should be considered as highly unstable. There is quite a lot of interesting

functionality already implemented like DAOs in JS, jDBI (2.0.x) integration, configuration
of HSQL,
dirtylicious theme, etc. but all these pieces are not integrated with each other yet.

At the moment, I'm facing some annoying problem that effectively stops me from developing
further
given my (very) limited resources these days. The problem is with debugging blocks in Eclipse.
I'm
using run-jetty-run plugin[2] for running blocks inside Eclipse.

In the past this technique worked very well together with eclipse:eclipse plug-in that allowed
me to
import block into Eclipse's workspace. Normally, following steps should work: (assuming
run-jetty-run is installed):
1. Go to block (e.g. dirtylicious-theme)
2. Run mvn clean cocoon:prepare
2. Run mvn eclipse:eclipse
3. Import block into workspace
4. Create Debug configuration of "Jetty Webapp" type. As webapp dir property value set
"target/rcl/webapp".
5. Run debugging of block.

As I said, this worked very well in the past but for some unknown reason I'm facing lots of

classpath issues. The latest is:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/excalibur/source/SourceValidity

I've checked dirtylicious-theme block imported to Eclipse and there is no sourceresolve dependency

created by eclipse:eclipse but dependency:list shows it.

I would like to ask other folks for a help with confirming if it's a common problem and maybe

finding some solution to this problem. Of course, I could figure out all missing dependencies
and
add them by hand but we use Maven for some reason, do we?

So go to http://github.com/gkossakowski/cocoon-blog/tree/master, click on Download button
and test
my steps please. I will be very grateful for any feedback.

PS. Are there any other folks interested in collaborating on this project? My intention is
to make
this project as fork-friendly as possible so others can play with it and possibly contribute
their
own ideas. If there is any interest I could outline project's goals and plans.

[1] http://github.com/gkossakowski/cocoon-blog/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/

--
Best regards,