cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kamal <bh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Unable to download artifact
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 22:47:11 GMT

> You probably followed my suggestion and checked out only
> cocoon-template-impl module independently from the rest of trunk. The
> build fails because parent POM for cocoon-template-impl is
> declared as org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:pom:6-SNAPSHOT, so
> you need to check out it too. This clearly shows a flaw in our build
> configuration because modules that should be build independently from
> the rest are, in fact, tied to whole trunk. There was a discussion about
> switching to released versions of artifacts (no matter if it's parent or
> dependency) and it looks like we need to take care of that sooner than
> later.
>
> As for now I suggest checking out whole trunk and building it.

Thanks. I will try this. I started looking at the code for the
JXTemplate and was a little overwhelmed by it. Basically, there is
currently a gap in my understanding of SAX. Any suggestion on reading
material? I understand that the DefaultInstructionFactory is what
registers the instructions, but what registers the other events? I also
understand that the Invoker class is what does the magic of processing
the JX instruction set, but I am having trouble understanding how. Some
of these question will (no doubt) become easier when I can run mvn
eclipse:eclipse.

Am I right in saying that the basic process is to:

* Use the XMLConsumer as a content handler
* Run startDocument on the XMLConsumer
* Run the startElement on the XMLConsumer passing all the appropriate
attributes of jx:element (which I save in my class)
* Run the Invoker.execute (but with what?), which will get all the
content within my jx:element??
* Run the endElement on the XMLConsumer
* Run endDocument on the XMLConsumer

Also, where can I find more information on the ObjectModel?