cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to download artifact
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 10:29:07 GMT
Kamal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run mvn eclipse:eclipse over the cocoon-template-impl
> block. I get the following:

>  org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:pom:6-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  java.net2 (https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/),
>  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository),
>  ext (PRIVATE REPOSITORY/ext),
>  private (PRIVATE REPOSITORY/private)
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
> org.apache
> .cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules for project:
> null:cocoon-template-impl:jar:1.2.0-S
> NAPSHOT for project null:cocoon-template-impl:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>        at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:376)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:289)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:282)
>        at
> java:39)
>        at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>        at
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>        at
>
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot
> find parent
> : org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules for project:
> null:cocoon-template-impl
> :jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT for project
> null:cocoon-template-impl:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>        at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
> efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1259)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(Def
> aultMavenProjectBuilder.java:745)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
> leInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:476)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave
> nProjectBuilder.java:197)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:548)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:458)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:362)
>        ... 11 more
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
> 'org.apache.co
> coon:cocoon-blocks-modules' not found in repository: Unable to
> download the arti
> fact from any repository
>
>  org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:pom:6-SNAPSHOT

> [...]

You probably followed my suggestion and checked out only
cocoon-template-impl module independently from the rest of trunk. The
build fails because parent POM for cocoon-template-impl is
declared as org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:pom:6-SNAPSHOT, so
you need to check out it too. This clearly shows a flaw in our build
configuration because modules that should be build independently from
the rest are, in fact, tied to whole trunk. There was a discussion about
switching to released versions of artifacts (no matter if it's parent or
dependency) and it looks like we need to take care of that sooner than
later.

As for now I suggest checking out whole trunk and building it.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski