cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Nathaniel <anathan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r661886 - in /cocoon/trunk: ./ project/
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 22:16:40 GMT
On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 23:52 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Are you sure that having these files listed in Eclipse is enough reason to move them?
Personally
> speaking, I'm not so keen on this idea even if using Eclipse.

I found it very annoying that part of the files, especially the root and
parent pom.xml, where not visible in Eclipse.  (Do other IDEs do it
better?)

> I think you should at least inform others that you are going to do such changes so others
could have
> a chance to comment on idea. They are really far from being cosmetic.

Sure, the implications may be more drastic than imagined first.  If it
is a problem, the changes are easy to revert.

> By the way, is there any reason for telling people to use *.sh scripts instead of Maven
directly?

I find that easier to explain than all the MAVEN_OPTS magic required
when using mvn directly.

Cheers, Alfred.