cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing OSGi-ready artifacts
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:48:44 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> This brings us to couple of questions:
> 1. Do we want to have a policy to have only one base package (e.g.
> o.a.c.servletservice.*) per one module (artifact, JAR, you name it)?
> 2. What OSGi folks can say about this situation? I remember that there
> was some requirement to have clean package structure in order to run in
> OSGi environment easily but I'm not expert in this area.
There shouldn't be two different artifacts *exporting* the same package,
which means having classes intendet to be used by other artifacts in
this package. That's afaik the only requirement for OSGi.

This can be easily reached if a block uses o.a.c.{blockname} for its own
packages.

Carstem

--
Carsten Ziegeler