cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Preparing OSGi-ready artifacts
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:02:30 GMT
Hi folks,

I've tried refactored SSF (1.1.0-SNAPSHOT version) and it looks very good to me. I'm thinking
about
releasing first milestone of this module (along with cocoon-jnet) but I've been struck by
a little
mess in packages we have in SSF and cocoon-jnet.

Let's have a look at SSF, we have following packages:

   o.a.c.callstack.*
   o.a.c.servletscope.*
   o.a.c.servletservice.*

Now cocoon-jnet:
   o.a.c.jnet.*
   o.a.excalibur.sourceresolve.jnet.*

This brings us to couple of questions:
1. Do we want to have a policy to have only one base package (e.g. o.a.c.servletservice.*)
per one
module (artifact, JAR, you name it)?
2. What OSGi folks can say about this situation? I remember that there was some requirement
to have
clean package structure in order to run in OSGi environment easily but I'm not expert in this
area.
3. Why cocoon-jnet has excalibur-specific classes at all? I thought that we agreed we are
not going
to support Sources as URLs and only focus on new functionality. Then
o.a.excalibur.sourceresolve.jnet.* should be removed right?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski