cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r648145 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/SitemapServlet.java
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:36:30 GMT
On 15.04.2008 03:40, reinhard@apache.org wrote:
> Author: reinhard
> Date: Tue Apr 15 00:40:21 2008
> New Revision: 648145

> Log:
> lazy initialization
> (... have to figure out why an advice around the init() method on servlets doesn't work
as expected)

I don't know exactly how it is set up, but I guess init() is configured
as a init-method as in Initialization callbacks [1]. This would explain
why there is no advice: First the object is instantiated, then
initialized and afterwards wrapped by whatever. See Juergen's
explanation [2]. With AspectJ the behavior might be different because
there is no longer a target object and a proxy.

Joerg

[1]
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-lifecycle-initializingbean
[2] http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-2740