cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote][result] Release Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:52:18 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> The proposed modules have been accepted by 7 +1 votes and no negative
>>> one. I'm going move the artifacts into the Apache Maven M2 sync
>>> repository and also move the non-Maven artifacts to the Cocoon
>>> distribution area.
>
> Should we also put the Maven-built artifacts at the /dist/ as well?
> It would mean that people can get the Cocoon-2.2 jars from many
> alternative locations and closer mirrors.
>
> IIUC, Apache Jackrabbit does that, for example.
>
> I reckon that that would get us closer to ASF ideal
> release procedures too.

Yes, Vadim was pushing me to prepare non-Maven release artifacts as well. As I
pointed out in the voting mail, they can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/. I will move them to our
official distribution area some time next week, when I find some time to figure
out what exactly I have to do and also have some time for the announcement mail.